Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sinterklas and olliebollen

This year we started the tradition of Sinterklas from My mission.  We've had to modify it a bit, but the kids got out the wooden shoes for the patron saint of children.  We had surprises and made and ate Olliebollen (fried pastries that are similar to doughnuts).  We sang dutch songs and learned a little bit about the dutch culture and people.  It was fun for dad to tell mission stories about Sinterklas and eating warm olliebollen on cold cold holiday night years ago in the Netherlands.

7 comments:

Kim said...

looks like it's warm enough for sandals in texas. How nice. How's the job?

Stacie said...

Hey guys! I love your blog. I'm so glad I found it...Thanks to facebook and Bekah! I sent you an invite to our blog. If you don't get it let me know. Merry Christmas! I hope it's wonderful.

The Morris Family said...

Yeah!!! I am so excited that you are updating your blog!! Your kids are about the cutest things on the planet & it looks like your neighborhood is great. How is Jarom's job going? Hope you guys have a great Christmas. We miss you!

Bullock said...

Yea, Kristy I'm so glad your a blogger too! Check us out as www.texasbullocks.blogspot.com
Love your pictures!

Sheryl

Kristen said...

I haven't checked your blog for a while. I love the updates. I wish you could have come this Christmas. We missed you.

grandma said...

We love the new tradition with the wooden shoes. The pictures of the Children are wonderful. We missed having you here and hope to make a trip down to see you before long.

Britt said...

Come back!!